If you are a small business and have a website, then there are some simple changes that you can do to get more customers from website.
Every small business hopes that their website gets more traffic, which in turn could translate to more visitors.
But one thing people keep missing is that how to improve the conversion from the existing traffic. How to ensure that the people who are already coming to your website become your customer.
There are some simple things that can be done for that. If you don’t have time to do these on your own, our WordPress website maintenance service can take care of all of these.
How To Get More Customers from Website
Here are 10 simple things that can help you convert your existing website traffic better and get more customers.
- Remove “Not Secure” Message: As you start optimizing your website to get more customers, this is the first and most important thing that you need to do. If your website is showing “Not Secure” warning in Address Bar, then you need to fix that first. This can be fixed by adding a SSL certificate and then making some changes to the website so that all website components are served over SSL. This warning can scare away the new customers, so just get rid of it.
- Make it Fast: If your website is slow, then new visitors won’t be interested in staying on it for long. So, make sure your website is fast. Add some caching plugin (like W3 Total Cache, WP Fastest Cache, or tons of other caching plugins that are available), Optimize Images, remove unnecessary JS and CSS, etc. There are some good YouTube tutorials around this.
- Get Off Shared Hosting: There is a big possibility that your small business website is hosted on a shared hosting. But there are many disadvantages of shared hosting. Especially when you try to ramp up traffic to your website, it can go down. So, do yourself some good and get on a VPS. Digital Ocean, Linode, AWS Lightsail are all good choices that are affordable as well. A bad hosting does not make it easy to get new customers.
- Mobile Responsive: Today, more visitors come to a website from mobile than they come from desktop. If your website is not mobile responsive, then you are losing visitors for no reason. Not only visitors from mobile won’t be able to use your website properly, Google can also decrease your Google ranking if your website is not mobile friendly. So, if you are trying to get more customers from website, make sure it works great on mobile.
- Regularly Updated: If your website has not been updated in months, it is time to change that. You need to keep your website regularly updated so that your website visitors realize that your business is alive and kicking. Keep adding new updates, new blogs, new offerings, etc. In addition to that, make sure all the existing information is correct (office hours, address, prices, contact information, etc.). In addition to outside updates, remember to keep WordPress core as well as plugins also updated. If all this sounds too much to handle by yourself, don’t worry, just get in touch with us and we can take care of all this.
- Looks Professional: Your business may be small, but your website does not have to look like that. In fact, if you have a small business, it is even more important for you to make your website look big and more professional. It becomes a lot more easier to convert website visitors to customers with a professional looking website. Just take your own example: If you are researching for a service and you come across 2 websites, one of which looks great and the other one does not; which one would you go ahead with?
- Add Testimonials to Website: One of the simplest change you can make to your website to get more customers from it is to add some testimonials. Add genuine testimonials from existing customers. Add photos of customers also, if possible. Testimonials immediately increase your credibility and make it easier for new visitors to place their trust in you. This is an easy way to get more customers from website.
- Add Phone Number to Website: Sometimes new visitors just like to call up and talk to a real person, instead of sending an email or filling in a contact form. So, make sure you add your phone number to your website, which visitors can reach out to you at. In addition to that, add your physical address as well, so that people know you are a real deal.
- Add Contact Form: Even though you might have mentioned your phone number on website, make sure to add a contact form as well. This is especially useful when people are browsing your website at a time at which they don’t feel comfortable calling you up. In that case, they can just fill in the contact form and then you can reach out back to them. There are many good Contact Form plugin options available for WordPress, like, Contact Form 7 (Free, with paid upgrades) and Gravity Forms (paid).
- Add Chat Option on Website: Adding a chat on the website gives people an option to instantly connect with you. If you are a small business, then it is important to have a chat option in which people don’t have to wait around on the website for you to answer. For that, WhatsApp chat and Facebook Messenger chat options work great. People can just leave a message for you and you can reach out to them whenever you want. If you are available on chat all the time, then you can go with something like tawk.to.
Making all the above changes can really increase the number of customers that you get from your small business website.
How Can We Help
Our Website Management Service is designed keeping small business in mind. We take care of all the above and a lot more as a part of our website management. If all the above changes are too many for you to do by yourself, get in touch. Even a single new customer would more than pay for our service.